“There are some people who may be good yet toxic for you, so be careful of who you surround yourself with.”Gift Gugu Mona
A young man going on a journey met three other men who were also travelling, he immediately became happier that he had travel companions. After about 3 hours of walking, two of his travel mates bid him goodbye and took a turn. Only then did he realize that he had passed his destination.
This story reminds us that it is not enough to have people surround you, their destination is important.
The people surrounding you can either;
- Distract you causing you to miss your destination.
- Make your life fun by always giving you a reason to laugh even at your mistakes.
- Elongate your journey by feeding you with lies or deceit.
- Give you advice that will make you achieve your goals, results and destiny.
The Bible says;
“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”Proverbs 13:20
Generally, people around our space affect our thinking, lifestyle, manners and sometimes our beliefs consciously or unconsciously we should therefore;
“Guard our hearts with all diligence, for from it flows springs of life. “Proverbs 4:23.
Reasons you must surround yourself with the right people;
- Consistent Inspiration: no man is an island and in our down moments we will always need a shoulder to cry on or a hand to lean on. Having positive people who push themselves to be better and encourage you to do same, will help you push your limits.
- Socialization: we all need people around us to laugh with, catch up with happenings, have a good debate with and be ourselves with without judgement or pretense.
3. Learning: its important to have people we can learn new ideas, skills and so much more from. In our day to day interactions we pick up new knowledge so it’s important we learn from the right people.
4. Getting rid of negativity: toxic people can push you to always look at the glass as half empty instead of half full. They make a mountain out of a mole hill, causing you to dwell on the negative instead of the positive of any situation. Getting rid of such people is therefore a necessity for growth in life.
I will close with this;
“Surround yourself with people that want more out of life, that won’t settle for average. People that you can connect with on a deeper level. Keep your circle full of quality rather than quantity. Full of cool humans that you can be yourself around. People that fill you up with nothing but love. People that want to see you succeed. People that GET IT. Good circle, Good life. “Genereux Philip
Please drop your comments and thoughts, I would love to hear from you!!!
1 thought on “Surround Yourself”