How To Make Pancake
Pancake is a wonderful breakfast alternative to bread or even cereals and growing children absolutely love it and it is a balanced diet; rich in all classes of nutrients.
This is a very simple recipe to make yummy Nigerian pancakes from scratch to finish with very simple ingredients readily available and very cost effective.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 5 minutes
Total time – 15 miuntes
- Butter (Optional)
- Baking powder
- Salt (Optional)
- Vanilla flavour (Optional)
- Groundnut oil or Butter depending on your preference.
- Break your egg and whisk properly until thoroughly mixed, add vanilla flavour (optional). If you are using butter, melt it and add to your egg mixture.
- Sieve your flour and baking powder to remove lumps and incorporate air.
- Mix all your dry ingredients together (flour, sugar and milk)
- Thoroughly mix your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients together.
- Begin to add water, a little at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Set a non stick frying pan over medium heat and add a spoonful of groundnut oil or half a spoon of margarine or butter.
- Use a deep spoon to take your desired quantity of batter, bring to fry.
- Once bubbles begin to form on the top part of the batter, it is time to flip over.
- Flip the pancake so you can fry the top side as well.
- The pancake is done, once both side are lightly brown, avoid your pancake staying too long to prevent your pancakes from drying out.
Enjoy your pancakes with a hot cup of tea or chocolate, ice cream, a cold drink or even pap/ogi. To make your pancake more appealing you can add banana toppings, honey or strawberry.
Try this recipe and drop feedback’s in the comments section below!!!